Dear Parents/ Guardians,
After careful consideration and in consultation with the Kispiox Band Emergency Operation Centre team (EOC), due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in Northwest B.C., lockdown procedures have been implemented for the safety of the Kispiox Community. Therefore, Kispiox Community School will be taking further precautionary measures to safeguard our students, staff, and community against COVID-19 by reverting to the remote learning model of instruction until further notice. However, it will be modified in that we will be providing learning pods for places of support. Starting on Monday, November 30th, 2020 these changes will go into effect until December 18th, 2020. Please bear in mind that due to the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic the BC Ministry of Education is considering extending the Christmas holidays and this may change.
- On Monday, November 30th, 2020 staff will prepare packages for each student on remote learning which will be delivered to each child’s home by staff. Learning pods have been set up to provide support for each student and online learning has also been set up by some teachers.
- Glen Vowell students will have a learning pod set up at the Salvation Army Church for those students needing support. There will be a teacher and an educational assistant there to provide support for the Glen Vowell students from Monday to Friday, but not for this Monday. A schedule has already been made for the students and your child will be notified for their scheduled support time.
- Students of essential workers are welcome from Monday to Friday of each week at the school.
- For Kispiox Community primary students (K -3) a learning pod will be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays at the school for student support.
- For Kispiox Community intermediate students (Gr. 4 – 7) a learning pod will be scheduled for Wednesday and Friday at the school for student support.
- The pods in Hagwilget and Senden’s will keep the same schedule.
- Gitanmaax-Hazelton students are scheduled for every Monday at the school and will be provided support with packages and online learning. We are looking at another location to provide further support for the Gitanmaax-Hazelton students.
- On off days students can still receive support through online learning and Zoom.
We will continue to work on finding better ways to deliver education to your child, but the main priority is safety at this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please call Kispiox Community School at 250-842-6148.