This letter is to notify you that we have recently become aware that a staff member/child at Kispiox Community School has tested positive for COVID-19. We are unable to identify any individuals due to the confidential nature of medical information, but we can share that it has been over 5 days and 10 days since the individuals were in last attendance. Our thoughts are with these individuals and their families and we hope for a speedy recovery.
We are working with the Band Office and the local health department and are taking all the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our children and staff.
The steps include the following:
- Kispiox Community School will be closed on the following dates for cleaning and sanitation: February 23-25 th, 2021.
- Kispiox Community School will be going back to remote/online learning for two weeks starting tomorrow Tuesday, February 23rd until March 5th , 2021 at which time a reassessment on the situation will be done before any further decisions are made.
- The pods (Bubbles) in Glen Vowell, Senden’s and Hagwilget will remain open.
- The individuals will not return to Kispiox Community School until they have completed isolation procedures for COVID-19.
If your child has any of the following symptoms, please seek medical help.
- Temperature of 100 degrees or higher
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 250-842-6148. Sincerely,
Brian Muldon Principal
Kispiox Community School