September 29, 2021
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Effective Wednesday, September 29, 2021 mask wearing will be required by all students in Kindergarten to grade 3 while indoors. The decision to extend the mask wearing mandate to all students was made due to the rising number of cases in all local communities. I encourage all parents and/or guardians to call me should you have any concerns regarding mask wearing.
The school has health and safety protocols in place to minimize the risk of contracting COVID-19. Requiring that masks be worn by everyone demonstrates our commitment to take the necessary steps to protect students, staff and communities. Some of the protocols the school has in place are:
- Everyone must hand sanitize upon entering the building.
- In the morning, we have staff at the entrance making sure everyone sanitizes and puts on a mask.
- Everyone must wear a mask. Masks are provided if needed.
- Everyone must complete a Daily Health Check – I have attached the Student Daily Health Check. Please post it where it is visible daily. You do not have to send a completed form to school, just go through the check list each day.
- Please do not send your child to school if any symptoms of illness are displayed. If your child needs to be sent home due to illness, we will make sure that parents and/or guardians are notified.
- Employee Daily Health Check. All employees are required to do a Daily Health Check. Employees must not come to work if they are sick.
- Outdoor education. Staff are encouraged to take education outdoors where it is less likely for students to contract COVID-19. You may hear about students spending more time outdoors. Being outdoors also encourages and promotes good health.
- Daytime Janitor. We have a daytime janitor for 6 hours during the day, who sanitizes classrooms during breaks and when students are outside. All high touch surfaces are sanitized throughout the day.
While the school goes above and beyond what is required by the Ministry of Education and the Provincial Health Officer, we cannot guarantee that COVID-19 will not enter the building. We can only assure you that we will do whatever is necessary to keep the children in school, keep them safe, and provide a caring and nurturing environment in which they can learn. We ask parents, guardians, and community to support our efforts by following similar guidelines. Stay safe, stay healthy.
Lillian Gogag, Administrator