In order to promote the well-being of children, families and staff and to prevent the spread of COVID-19 the BCCDC and MoH recommends increased cleaning and disinfecting. Our COVID-19 Enhanced Cleaning Policy has been developed to augment our regular cleaning practices.
- Staff will follow regular established cleaning routines
- Staff will follow the enhanced cleaning recommended by public health
- General cleaning and disinfecting of the program should occur at least once a day
- High contact areas will be cleaned twice per day (door knobs, light switches, faucet handles, tables, counters, chairs, toilets, electronic devices and toys)
- Clean and disinfect any surface that is visibly dirty
- Empty garbage containers daily or when full
- Clean and disinfect mats and cribs after each use
- Launder bed linen each day
- Continue to wear disposable gloves when cleaning blood or body fluids (wash hands before wearing and after removing gloves)
Child care program staff are already experts at keeping children safe through cleaning and hygiene practices. During this time staff will implement enhanced cleaning practices and be extra conscious of cleaning high contact areas. Staff can utilize the BCACCS Cleaning and Disinfection tools (schedule and chart template) to support regular and enhanced cleaning.