Kispiox Community School and Anspayaxw Aboriginal Headstart
First day of school is Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Dear Parents, Guardians, and community members,
I want to welcome back students and staff to the beginning of a new school year. Please note the following:
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021: The bus will pick up students as usual in the morning. The students will attend school from 9:00 am to 10:30 am for introductions and orientation. This includes the Kindergarten students. Bus students will leave the school at 10:30 to return home.
- Wednesday, September 8, 2021: School as usual from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm for the school year. A school activity calendar for September 2021 to June 2022 will be sent home during the first week of school. The buses will run as usual and a schedule may take the first two weeks of school to finalize.
- New Students. If there are still parents and guardians wishing to register a child, please do so as soon as possible so that final class lists can be drafted by the end of the 1st week of school. If children are registered after the first week of school, there may be a delay in assigning your child to a classroom.
- Kindergarten students will be as follows for Wednesday, September 8, 9, 10, 2021: All Kindergarten will attend from 9:00 am to 11:30 am. Beginning Monday, September 13, 2021 all kindergarten will attend from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm for the remainder of the school year.
- If you have not already done so, please register your child (ren) as soon as possible. Headstart will begin Tuesday, September 7, 2021 from 9:00 to 10:30 am.
- COVID-19. Please note that the Northern Health region has issued new guidelines for mask wearing indoors and for children in schools. We will follow those guidelines and may be implementing stricter guidelines to protect the students, staff, and community.
- If your child is not feeling well, please do not send him/her to school and let the school know. If a child is not feeling well at school, arrangements will be made with the parent/guardian to have the child go home.
- The Kispiox Community School has a website. School information is posted on the website. Please visit kispioxschool.ca if you have not already done so.
Lillian Gogag, Administrator