Our Drop-off and Pick-up Policy is intended to keep children, families and staff safe when dropping-off and picking-up children from the program during the pandemic with the goal of limiting risk and spread of the virus. Our program will be following WorksafeBC and COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for Child Care Settings recommendations for drop-off and pick-up procedures.
To ensure the health and safety of children, staff and families through physical distancing at drop-off and pick-up please follow the below procedures:
- Drop-off and pick-up will occur at the front and back door – outside if possible
- Staff will be asking you about your child’s health and signing your child in for you everyday.
- Drop-off and pick-up times will be staggered. One group will have 8:30 – 9 am and another group from 9am – 9:30
- Please do your best to follow your assigned drop-off and pick-up times
- Please use visual markers to maintain physical distancing while waiting to drop-off/pick-up your child
- If you must enter the centre at drop-off or pick-up please communicate with a staff member before entering as we are restricting visitors in the centre at a time
- If your child needs support during drop-off and pick-up transitions please communicate with staff to create a plan to provide support
- Children will be supported by staff to wash hands upon arrival and departure each day
- Staff will ensure belongings are put in your child’s cubby or designated space
- Staff will ask all families to confirm the health of your child at drop-off each day
- You will be asked to acknowledge that you have assessed your child’s health and they confirm have no symptoms as listed in the Child Wellness Declaration